The Student Technology Council (STC) provides graduate, professional and undergraduate students a forum to advise the Chief Information Officer and senior IT leaders about the holistic student technology experience. Areas of focus include:
- Academic technology and digital learning
- Technology equity for underserved students
- Student tech support services
- Software and device needs and challenges
- Campus WiFi and connectivity needs
- Remote instruction and student engagement
- Cal Central and Student Information Systems
- Information security
- Berkeley mobile app
- Data science expansion initiative
- Tech innovation ideas
- ...and much more...
The council is sponsored by the Chief Information Officer and is composed of 10-12 volunteer student members and 6 campus IT leaders. Learn more about our current council members and our historical membership.
We go to great lengths to ensure the council is composed of graduate, professional and undergraduate students who represent the widest possible diversity of academic programs, campus affiliations and social identities. They bring great eagerness to contribute feedback, ideas and support to the improvement of the student technology experience on campus.
Tuesdays from 5:30-7pm
- September 13, 2022
- October 4, 2022
- November 1, 2022
- February 7, 2023
- March 7, 2023
- April 4, 2023
Previous coursework and/or experience related to technology is not a requirement - just an interest in shaping the student IT landscape.