Applications are CLOSED for Spring 2018. We will be hiring again Fall 2018!
The Student Technology Council
The Student Technology Council (STC) is a group of undergraduate and graduate students convened by Assistant Vice Chancellor for IT and Chief Information Officer Larry Conrad to identify and prioritize students' information technology needs and opportunities in support of UC Berkeley's mission.
The STC is currently recruiting for new members for 2017-2018. As a member, you will be involved in assessing students’ technology needs, providing input to student technology services providers, and managing a proposal process for technology projects that benefit students.
We are looking for registered students with:
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including ability to independently research; review and assess a range of variables to define key issues; evaluate reasonable alternatives, and make logical recommendations and decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated ability to articulate ideas and issues clearly, concisely, and persuasively using proper grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a small group.
- Enthusiasm about and interest in shaping information technology on campus for current and future students.
- A passion and commitment to technology and education.
- (No technical expertise is required)
- The term of work commences upon hire and continues through at least the end of the 2017-2018 academic year. Most of the work is during the academic year with a possibility of work during the summer.
- Hours: Six to ten hours a week, including a required group meeting on campus on Thursday evenings during the school year from 5:00-7:00pm.
- For the 2017-2018 school year, STC members will be compensated at $15/hour up to a maximum of ten hours a week. Work-study students are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
- Apply at https://goo.gl/forms/tNLRRNtixcFUyNoE3
- Applications are due Friday, September 22 at 5pm
If you have any questions about accessibility or anything else, please email email@example.com (link sends e-mail)