The Student Technology Council (STC) provides graduate and undergraduate students with the opportunity to advise the Chief Information Officer and other senior IT leaders about the comprehensive student technology experience. Areas of focus may include:
- Campus WiFi and connectivity needs
- Tech support services for students
- Software and device needs and challenges
- Classroom technology and digital learning
- Cal Central and Student Information Systems
- Information security
- Berkeley mobile app
- Data science expansion initiative
- Tech innovation ideas
- ...and much more...
STC members provide critical insight, ideas and recommendations to senior IT leadership to ensure that large-scale IT decisions and initiatives reflect the broadest possible range of student input.
Sponsors & Members
- Larry Conrad, Chief Information Officer
- Jenn Stringer, Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Bill Allison, Chief Technology Officer
- Anne Marie Richard, Associate CIO and Director, Student Affairs IT
- Liz Marsh, Chief of Staff to the Chief Information Officer
- Cristóbal Olivares, Director of Student Technologies
- Frank Dai, 3rd year (transfer), Math & Computer Science
- Joe Cannice, 3rd year, Data Science
- Kaidi (Ted) Zhang, doctoral student, Chemistry
- Sheridan Holmes, 3rd year, Media Studies
- Shomil Jain, 2nd year, EECS
- Yakelin Maldonado, 4th year (transfer), Society & Environment
First Thursdays of the month from 5:30-7pm
- October 3, 2019
- November 7, 2019
- December 5, 2019
- February 6, 2020
- March 5, 2020
- April 2, 2020
- May 7, 2020
We are looking for 8-10 graduate and undergraduate students who represent the widest possible diversity of academic programs, campus affiliations and identity groups who are eager to contribute feedback, ideas and support to the improvement of the student technology experience on campus.
Previous coursework and/or experience related to technology is not a requirement - just an interest in shaping the student IT landscape.
Find out more about requirements, benefits, and how to apply here! Applications have closed for this semester, but contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be notified the next time we are accepting applications.