- Sign into bConnected/bCal.
- The student must apply for Matlab license by filling out the following form - make sure you are signed in to bCal first: https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.edu/forms/d/1k6OptHOc5pvmluyfVLnhB2AgVZLZV0mGrGAvQYGvIYc/viewform This form can be found also by going to software.berkeley.edu and clicking on ‘Matlab.’
- Create a MathWorks account at https://www.mathworks.com/mwaccount/register
- Once the license is obtained (email response from step 2), log in to your MathWorks account, go to “my account” and enter the product key under “my licenses.”
- You will be able to download the installer for the latest Matlab edition, currently R2015a. Make sure you select the appropriate OS (Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit, Mac, or Linux)
- For the rest of this guide, please ignore the step numbers in orange – you may notice some step numbers are missing but the installation guide is correct. For the first step below, please select the “log in with MathWorks account” option.
- Note that the student can download Matlab on as many personal computers as he/she wants but will need to provide an estimate of how many they plan to sue when they get the key.
- Refer to https://software.berkeley.edu/MATLAB_FAQs for any other questions.
|Select the license that shows up and then click "next"|
|Select the desired products or toolboxes to install. All of them are pre-selceted by default.|
|Before it begins installing the software, the installer displays a summary of your installation. To change a setting, click Back. To proceed with the installation, click Install.|